Statistics from Altmetric.com
1. Examine the dorsoventral thoracic radiograph (right) of an 18-month-old Cocker Spaniel. A grade V/VI systolic murmur was audible, the point of maximal intensity was over the left heart base and the murmur radiated to the right side of the chest. Using the clock face analogy, which chambers are enlarged?
b. Main pulmonary artery
c. Main pulmonary artery and right ventricle
d. Aorta and left ventricle
2. Which of the following does NOT occur as a consequence of right-sided congestive heart failure?
a. Pulmonary oedema
b. Pleural effusion
d. Pericardial effusion
3. Which of the following is NOT a characteristic of chronic valvular heart disease (CVHD)
a. Volume overload
b. Eccentric hypertrophy
c. Concentric hypertrophy
d. Left atrial dilation
4. Which are the three most common findings on physical examination of a dog with atrial fibrillation?
a. Irregularly irregular heart rhythm, pulse deficits and bradycardia
b. Irregularly irregular heart rhythm, continuous heart murmur and tachycardia
c. Irregularly irregular heart rhythm, continuous heart murmur and pulse deficits
d. Irregularly irregular heart rhythm, pulse deficits and tachycardia
5. Which disease is most often accompanied by hyperdynamic pulses?
a. Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy
b. Pulmonic stenosis
c. Patent ductus arteriosus
d. Mitral valve dysplasia
6. Following the 2009 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) consensus statement on CVHD, at which stage of the disease, based on studies or clinical trials, would the patient benefit from treatment?
7. Which radiographic changes need to be encountered for pulmonary oedema of cardiac origin to be considered?
a. Cardiomegaly with dorsal displacement of the trachea
b. Cardiomegaly with left atrial dilation and dilation of the lobar veins
c. Cardiomegaly with …
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.